Vos commentaires sur les voies, nouvelles ouvertures, prises cassées, cotations, répétitions fabuleuses, pitonage, oiseaux & vipères... en Belgique seulement!
Titre Posté par Réponses Vues Dernière réponse    

Info on Freyr for nz climber please!

kiwi 4 3803 14-4-2008 12:15  

Dernière réponse

kiwi
un verre d'eau svp
0 posts

13-4-2008
16:20

Info on Freyr for nz climber please!

Hi,
I am planning a trip to Freyr for the first time and would be super happy if someone could let me know the basic gear I will need. Would a 70m rope be OK and 12 quickdraws?? please. I am looking at climbing easy grades 4a - 6a for about three days, so want to have the right gear to have a great first trip. Is it possible to set up topropes, or is it all leading?
Any advice or info on climbing in Belgium would be great.
Also - is there a campsite near Freyr?
hope to hear from a friendly climber soon.

Kiwiclimber

Pe
le pendule, je ne fais que ça
91 posts

13-4-2008
18:06

info freyr

Hey, i searched in my topo and your gear looks good, 70m rope and 12 quikdraws are enough.
Here a link of campsites in the area of Freyr:
http://www.campings.be/provna.html

I hope i could help you with this info.

If you have still questions don't hesitate to mail me: [email protected]

Greetz
Peter

Harald Swen
fidèle client
430 posts
Beta male

14-4-2008
23:06

The best place to stay would be the hut or bivy-site next to (on top of) the crag. From there you can walk to the pub (Le Chamonix) and back to your tent without having to worry about the driving.

You can buy a guidebook at the pub as well. 70 m and 12 draws will do fine. Might want an extra 3 draws for the longer routes, but it's indicated in the guidebook when you need more than 12 draws.

There are some possibilities for putting up top-ropes, but generally it's all leading. But hey, you can walk to the top of the highest cliff, belay and drop a rope over the edge for some exposed climbing. But only if no one's below!

Have fun. Be aware of the tough grades and polished rock in the lower grades though.

josquin
est-ce que j'ai droit à une bière ?
41 posts

14-4-2008
12:16

toprope

possibility to top-rope is noted in the guidebook with a different sign on the drawings. You will need someone to lead-climb to put in the quickdraws and set up the 'moulinette'.

have fun!